time is a social construct bent on causing frustration and that’s all it’s good for send tweet
wait this isn’t a tweet
Hi friends. Welcome to Day 6 of Quarantine. I have left my house less than a handful of times and find myself unable to remember what day it is half the time. I also had a videochat hangout with like 7 friends and it was wild because that was the first time in a While that all of us were able to hang at the same time in the same (digital) location. It was cool. We bashed A Cinderella Story.
Here’s what I got for ya, by the by.
- I’m finishing up the YouTube self doc as we speak because nothing gets me motivated more than a deadline approaching at fULL SPEED
- Also my friend reminded me of the Comic Sans trick. The meme of a typeface apparently makes it easier to write? So I tried it? And it does? Or maybe it’s psychologic– I am not dissecting this anymore let’s move on
- Set up the documents and tentative headers for the vignettes. Those are the ones I wanna tackle this week. See more below.
- Actually opened the wix site on this laptop because I’d previously only been logged in on my work computer (don’t tell my boss) and couldn’t remember the password and used that as the sole excuse for barely touching it. Lil mental hangups, man, I swear.
OKAY. VIGNETTES. HERE’S THE HEADER STRUCTURE I HAVE SO FAR. PLEASE FORGIVE MY YELLING.
- Fan – Content Relationship
- Relatability and Connection
- Bullseye Model
- Fan’s separation of content from its community
- Fictional content v. IRL content
- Fan – Community Relationship
- Support Systems
- Aversion (similar to separation section)
- Content – Community Relationship
- Canon v. Fanon
- Creative Influence
- Content Curation/Fan Works
- Career Paths
- Fandom v. The World
apologize in triplicate for the reference to Scott Pilgrim v. The World
- External Stigma
- “Nerd” fandoms v. mainstream “fandoms”
- Is it fandom? (a look at politics and religion lmao)
I’m… happy with how it’s coming. Plus I don’t feel as pressured to do these, since they’re going to be pretty short.
This is a pretty short update post, but I’m looking forward to working on the vignettes. Plus I want to get a sketch of the homepage idea done so I can start really getting a design conversation going with my artist buds.
Bless their souls for putting up with me.
WE’LL GET THIS DONE, LADS, DON’T YOU WORRY.
SEE Y’ALL LATER.