What better way to get in the feels of talking about anime than watching anime, amirite?
Stars Align is too real, y’all. And given is lovely.
HERE. IS THE TEA. THIS WEEK.
- Self-Docs (as of 9:30am Monday morning; I’ll edit with more progress)
My biggest issue with anime and K-Pop is that I feel like I have 78969 things to say, but I gotta pick and choose where to put what. Do I go into fanfiction and cultural stigma (and 10 other things) in my self doc or a vignette? Or do I just put as much as it applies to my own experiences in the self doc and save the rest for the vignette? And if so, where is that line?
I get why the panic sets around this time now.
- The final site
- Thinglink! Made an account for that. I’m thinking a thinglink for a homepage on a wordpress site. I vaguely recall there being issues with something like that, so I’ll have to snoop around.
- The imagery I initially had for the homepage was a tree (like the one the player starts at in my e-lit piece from way back when; I’m debating asking two of my artist friends to help me out with it) with the different elements of this project at the different points of the tree (i.e., theory at the roots or something). So clicking on them via the thinglink would take the user to another page with that content on it. It’s really not that deep, just an aesthetic thing.
- Current possible organization:
- Roots: theory discussion (mini lit review?), acknowledgements, explanation of the project
- *Trunk: Vignettes + Term Glossary (?)
- *Inner/lower branches: Interviews + Self-Docs
- Outer/upper branches: “coming soon” links for ODDNights (e-lit piece WIP), the eventual podcast I wanna do, and the eventual Let’s Play YouTube channel I wanna do
- I’m kind of thrown by whether I should switch around the two that I put asterisks next to. Ugh. It’s messing with my head, so I’m gonna leave it here and hopefully we can talk it out in class … … … maybe the theory discussion can be the trunk and the acknowledgements and other kind of behind the scenes kinda stuff can be the roots…………. sigh.
- Oh yeah also I got approved for Research Days.
I ain’t gonna say I’m nervous because I know it’ll be a fun time to talk about my project. Over the past week I’ve talked to at least 5 different people about it (airing concerns and doubts and future hopes post-thesis) and they’ve seemed interested and reassuring, so…………………
I think I can handle 15 minutes. The question is, will I be able to stop? jdklsjkl
For now, though! I keep working! And try! Not! To panic!
See y’all tomorrow.